Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Learning from the Disappointment of others




Disappointment is when you step on the scales in the morning expecting that you have lost a pound and instead gained a 1/2 a pound. Disappointment is when that adorable little skirt makes you look like Rebel Wilson once you get it home. Disappointment is when you realize that the check you received in the mail for 1.5 million is not legit.




Occasionally something or someone will disappoint you on a level that is deep in your bones like a disease eating through you.

I experienced that kind of disappointment a while back. Someone that I thought highly of was exposed of some things that shocked me to my core. When you learn something that changes what you believed to be true in an instance, it can make you question everything.

I could not get this out of my mind. For days it was all I thought about. How could I not see their true colors? How was I so far off the scales on my reading of this person and for so long?



Then my sincere self starts to wonder if I am being hypocritical.  Is the anything that I am doing, that if I were to be completely transparent, that would leave others being disappointed in the real me? I don't think there is. Rather, I hope there isn't.


But my heartbreak and over this new found knowledge, made me realize that I NEVER want anyone to feel this kind of disappointment in anything they learned about me.

Even though I, apparently, have been looking at this person with rose colored glasses, I am choosing to learn from this .  I want to live the kind of life that would never make anyone question my motives or true intentions.





If we can learn from others peoples mistakes, or lemons, hopefully we can live a more prosperous life without having to learn the hard way.

Until next time-Safe Picking!

Tammy

2 comments: