Monday, November 12, 2012

This crow sure tastes a lot like a bitter lemon

 
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eating crow is a U.S. colloquial idiom,[1] meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position
 
Today is all about having to say you're sorry to someone. In our minds, the perfect situation would go as follows; You call/text/email/mail/sky write your apology to the person and the immediately accept it and you hold hands and skip your way into happily ever after.
 
But, what happens when you do offer you apology and things go awry instead. Uh oh! This happened to me recently. Things did not go as planned. At this point I'm left trying to figure out what plan B is. Do I go with
 
A. I really didn't mean the apology and they call them every name in the book
B. Do I try the apology again but maybe take a different approach
C. I did my part and it wasn't received so life goes on
 
I'll be honest, other than A. I'm really sure between B and C what the correct answer is. This may be a topic for Linda from Coffee Talk to address but the Bible says this about the subject; 
 
Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

I am a total people pleaser so I would rather pull my toenails out with pliers than have someone be upset with me. So, please chime in with any words of wisdom that you can offer.

So, I guess if the crow your eating is bitter, you chose a lemon by whatever your actions were that led you there. Learn your lesson and go in peace.

Until next time- safe picking

Tammy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment