Saturday, October 6, 2012

Live like you were Dying

I am going today to spend some time with my sweet brother who is living with cancer. So, this has inspired me to write about truly being handed a lemon.

I would like for you to take a few minutes to watch the following video

 http://www.jeffprobst.com/posts/1735_kelly_s_first_appearance_part_1/index.html
This incredible lady needs to have a Superwoman tattooed on that beautiful bald head of hers. Talk about someone being handed a lemon with grace and poise. This woman makes most of us healthy people look like losers. She made me want to take her cancer from her just so she can have more time her to shine her light here on earth.

Back to my brother. He is a true man of faith and has never once, at least not that I'm aware of, asked "why me". He just put all this in Gods hands and has never looked back. We know that his time left is very limited. The doctors have said that they can do no more for him and have called hospice in. He seems to be the one holding it together for all of us. He hasn't lost his sense of humor and can still make me smile.This man is having his lemonade and smiling the whole time.

How many of us are wallowing in our own pity about things that we brought on ourselves when there are people like Kelly out there that have a better quality of life. You really have to look at your situation and ask "was I handed this lemon or did I pick this lemon?". Take ownership in your life. Be honest with your self finally and make the choice to changes things, even if just your attitude, once and for all.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matt 6:25-27 NIV

Now do like my brother did and put on your big girl panties and deal with your life!

Again, thanks for paying along and until next time-

Safe picking!

Tammy
10.6.2012

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your brother . Such an inspiring story. Puts priority in perspective..

    ReplyDelete